Senior Software Developer
You are an experienced software developer who’s looking to challenge yourself and keep growing your skills. You want to work with peers who are all top-notch in their own area of expertise – developers, designers, strategists and financial experts. Exploit the newest technologies and tools – to create distributed cloud services that will disrupt the global working capital markets.
We’re a hands-on team of professionals and expect you to be able to both ideate and take action.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to apply your talent in building services that enable tens of thousands of entrepreneurs to build and scale their businesses
- The opportunity to disrupt the global working capital markets by delivering a revolutionary financial
service platform built using the newest technologies and tools
- A work environment where you will be able to participate in the decision making regarding your own work,
the work culture and the processes and practices employed by the company
- A competitive salary and enrollment in our employee incentive program
- The best working tools and gadgets for you to get the work done
- Enrollment in our employee healthcare program and gym access
- Flexible working hours, remote work opportunities and a great work / life –balance
- Lunch and other great benefits
- Attractive office location at the Helsinki market square
What do we require?
- Great collaboration skills: you share what you learn, help others, learn from your peers, and ask for help when you need it
- Quality driven approach towards software development
- Integrity to function in the face of adversity and a mentality of not giving up easily
- The resilience to focus and work on challenges that require time and true commitment
- Being at ease in a senior position and the ability to make tough decisions when needed
- Fluency in either English, Finnish or Swedish
Experience in the following
- 5+ years of experience in developing web services using C# (.NET Core / .NET)
- Development and/or integrations of factoring, banking, finance, risk & compliance or other transactional based systems
- Designing and implementing scalable microservice architectures (DDD, CQSR, ES, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Application containerization and orchestration (Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Consuming and implementing APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Working with SQL or NoSQL databases (Postgres, MS SQL, MongoDB)
- Following professional software development best practices e.g. SOLID
We would be even further impressed if you
- have interest or experience in developing rich frontend applications using any modern frontend technology stack
- are a true technology enthusiast who enjoys trying out new tech and building cool projects on your spare time
What you'll do
- Collaborate together with your teammates, take part in the overall technological and architectural decision, pick the right technologies and tools to enable rapid continuous delivery
- Be creative, design, code, commit, perform code reviews and help in developing the team’s ways of working
- Take your share of the responsibility for the team and the project, and have the vision and drive to do more than just "commit and push"
At Bruk, we constantly challenge ourselves and our clients to achieve the best possible outcome. You’ll get to work on ambitious projects and be a part of a unique community of passionate professionals. We’re all about setting you up to succeed.
Our team picks the technologies that they see is fit for the job. We do a lot of C# and Node.JS based solutions on the backend and many React and Redux based apps on the frontend. We’re open to all ways of building things. In fact, we hope you’ll be teaching us new ways of doing things as we like to stay on the forefront of technologies.